The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) sets forth privacy and security standards for any entity that uses or discloses protected health information. For information on HIPAA, visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website.
For any business that treats patients/clients and is subject to HIPAA, compliance is an organization-wide obligation requiring procedural standards and business practices that protect the privacy and security of patient/client information. As part of these obligations, the business must ensure it only utilizes software that has adequate safeguards to protect patient/client information. FrozenVoice.com incorporates such technological and procedural safeguards, as detailed below.
FrozenVoice.com employs the following technological safeguards to facilitate your compliance with HIPAA:
- patient/client information is transferred using 256-bit SSL encryption
- accounts require secure login with minimum password length enforcement
- our services are protected by a firewall and additional security software
- our servers are scanned regularly by an indepedant security company
- access is limited to authorized personnel on an as-needed basis only.
FrozenVoice.com requires all personnel with access to patient/client information for purposes of providing technical support to be trained in the privacy requirements of HIPAA. FrozenVoice.com does not share, sell, disclose or provide patient/client information to third parties unless required by law.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our HIPAA compliance, please contact us.